Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thank God, for unanswered Prayers.








Yay, we just got back from Lake Powell with the kiddies. These trips with the girls are just so much fun. Seeing them innocently play, swim and live is incredible. Allows me to realize what is the most important and that my role as their mother is the most important role above all that I have in this life. It is easy to get caught up in the mayhem of life, worrying about what others think about me, worrying about what my body looks like, worrying about my past mistakes, worrying about who my true friends are, worrying about what's for dinner and even worrying about the never ending laundry.

While in Lake Powell, we made our traditional ice cream stop at Halls Crossing, and ran into the past. The first thing that I thought was, "Wow, she looks good", and then immediately, I saw it. I saw what could have been. I saw a life without Brandon, a life without my girls. That could have been Brandon's life, a life with a cowboy hat and no ribbons and bows, a life with diet coke and no fruit punch, and a life with 3 little dogs, instead of 3 little beautiful girls. Even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with that life, our life would be missing the laughter, the squeals, the dancing, the princesses, disneyland, the smiles, potty training, the dirty hands, running noses, sunscreen, the tears, bandaids, the hugs, tiny hands, wet kisses, all five of us in bed watching cartoons, and we would be missing the make everything worth it with those three little words..."me wuv you".

I am truly blessed to have been given this honor to be Samantha Kay, Savanna Rae and Saydee Jo's mother. It is humbling to know that God entrusted 3 of his most beautiful daughters to me to teach them, to love them and to honor them. Kenny Chesney said it best...The mistake we thought we made, covers the refridgerator.

3 comments:

Aimee my Aimee said...

Melis! You are absolutely right.. there is no higher power and respect than being a mother. You have the most adorable family and I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

It's about time you joined this blogger world!! J/K Glad your here!

Melissa said...

Melisa! I started a blog page and found you on here...