Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I am here because there is no other place I want to be... ~ Message in a Bottle~


It has been oh so very long since I have been on here. Seriously! I am not sure if I have been avoiding this blog or what! I have gone back and read over and over again my previous posts. And oh my how life has shifted. I now find myself, a single mother of 4 beautiful girls, finding joy in my journey, and learning what is so important!

Lessons I have learned...

~ Truly it is imperative to constantly remind myself that the secret to having it all is to believe that I already do!!! ~ I find when I am sincerely grateful for what I have, even my challenges, disappointments, and heartaches, I am in bliss! I have so much more energy to live life!

~ I never truly stop loving someone, I just learn to live without them. ~ I have experienced my share of heartache, having people come in and out of my life, each one serving a purpose. From being the one to offer companionship during their time of an extreme low and heart break to having them be the one to carry me when I was down to a crazy intense, running in the rain amazing connection to filling a void to learning to love my girl's daddy with all my heart for who he is without trying to change him has enabled me to feel free and open to a wonderful friendship with him, he is truly one of my closest friends! I continue to be grateful and acknowledge the experiences I have had with them and the lessons I have learned!

~ If I worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, I very well could miss what is... ~ This lesson has been challenging. To truly live in the moment! Not only to "accept" what is, to LOVE what is! "I, not events, have the power to make me happy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." ~ Groucho Marx

~ "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." Lao Tzu ~ And continuing to love someone despite their beliefs & actions is divine. It truly is all about L-O-V-E!!
People take different roads to seek fulfillment and happiness, just because their road isn't the same as yours doesn't mean they are lost. It would be sad to miss a connection, have an impact or benefit from being in someone's space due to judgements of how one should live.

"Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy... because we will always want to have something else or something more." ~ David Steindl-Rast

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Very well said. You are too cute and I love reading your blog. Luv ya girly